Adjectives can be formed from nouns. For example, the adjective foolish is formed from the noun fool. Similarly the adjective courageous is formed from the noun courage.
More examples are given below.
- Boy (noun): boyish (adjective)
- Care: careful
- Hope: hopeful
- Shame: shameless
- Sense: senseless
- Silk: silken
- Dirt: dirty
- Gold: golden
- Glory: glorious
- Man: manly
- King: kingly
Some adjectives are formed from verbs.
- Talk (verb): talkative (adjective)
- Move (verb): movable (adjective)
Adjectives can also be formed from other adjectives.
- Black (adjective): blackish (adjective)
- White (adjective): whitish (adjective)
- Sick (adjective): sickly (adjective)